Are you pregnant and scared? Are you considering abortion but want to know all of your options? Do you need assistance? Are you or someone you know struggling with a past abortion? Let us help you find the resources you need!
We love you both and we are here to help! What FREE or low cost services can we offer you and your baby?
OUR SERVICES: FREE
Here at Human Defense Initiative we understand the lack of support women are often faced with during an unexpected pregnancy, and we are here to help! Our services are free, confidential and delivered digitally!
Disclaimer: We can only provide material assistance to those who reside within the United States at this time. If you live internationally email us at [email protected] and we can send suggestions of resources in your area. Furthermore, we do NOT provide financial assistance or share financial fundraisers on behalf of our clients.
How to navigate the list: Please click on the hyperlinked links (words that are underlined) to be taken straight to the corresponding resource!
- Text Helpline - Don't know what to do? Text us at 628-777-3864! We provide free options counseling and resources. We also take calls upon texting and scheduling an appointment.
- Material Assistance - Struggling to afford the items you need for your baby or young child? We help with baby supplies! Just text or email us for help!
- Post-abortive Resources - If you are facing abortion regret, you are not alone. In fact, just reach out via text or email and we can send you a variety of resources which can help you.
- Post-abortive Sibling Counseling - Have you lost a sibling to abortion? Your story matters too and you are not alone. Reach out to us via text or email and we can talk with you about what you are feeling.
- Resource Referrals - We cannot assist with all requests but we do know a lot of different organizations exist to provide just the right assistance you may need. In fact check out the list below or reach out to us via text or email and let us know how we can better assist you. We are always happy to share connections, resource referrals and look into assistance in your area!
Communication via phone or in person: FREE
People are standing by all over the world willing to walk you through the process of pregnancy and chat with you about it 24/7 either over the phone by a call, text, or even in person with a pregnancy support group. It is anonymous, they don’t track you, and they never ask you for money.
A Caring Clinic: FREE
Pregnancy centers, sometimes referred to as crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs), pregnancy care centers (PCCs), or pregnancy resource centers (PRCs), offer a variety of free services including but not limited to: comprehensive options counseling, ultrasounds, pregnancy tests, STD testing, parenting classes, support groups, material assistance (maternity and baby supplies), post-abortive healing programs, and community resource referrals.
Check out these pregnancy center directories for the closest center near you!
A Supportive Home: FREE to LOW-COST
Maternity homes provide a safe and supportive environment for you while you are pregnant and even after your baby is born.
For more information on maternity homes in your area, contact your local pregnancy center.
Adoption is a loving option if you choose not to parent. There are many couples anxious to love and hold a daughter or son. Adoption is also free for birth parents. Whether you want more information or are ready to start the process check out the list below for adoption agencies near you:
Are you looking to adopt a child? Here are a few resources for you.
Pregnancy Assisting Apps + Websites: FREE
These amazing apps and websites let you track your pregnancy!
Other Resources: FREE to LOW-COST
Forcing someone to have an abortion is illegal. If you or someone you know is being forced or pressured into an abortion check out the The Justice Foundation's Center Against Forced Abortion.
Free or low-cost baby supplies:
- Field of Lilies - Feel free to reach out to @field_of_lilies on Instagram for free material assistance. They are local to LA county but open to US wide requests.
- National Diaper Bank Network
- Free baby boxes - Just pay shipping!
- Many pregnancy centers also have material assistance
Pregnancy Centers are not the only life-affirming organizations who offer free assistance to mothers in need. Check out the organizations below for additional assistance:
If you or someone you know is struggling with post-abortive regret resources are also available for families that have been affected by abortion such as the organizations listed in the directory below:
- Set Free, Inc. - healing program, support group & counseling
- Support After Abortion - women & men support
- Her Choice to Heal Abortion Recovery Course
- Rachel's Vineyard - women & men support
- Human Defense Initiative - post-abortive sibling support
- Post-abortive Healing Directory
- Many pregnancy centers also have post-abortive healing programs
Disclaimer: We are not officially affiliated with any of the resources listed except our own website www.humandefense.com. This is not an exhaustive list of all resources available just a few to get started. We highly recommend referring to your local pregnancy resource center for more information.