Support us and help expecting moms and families in need!
A. Help keep our website online & further our outreach!
As many of you know, Human Defense Initiative (HDI) is a completely volunteer based organization. All funds we receive go back into the organization to keep our website up, pay for our software we use to create content, and cover mailing costs when we need to send moms and families in need extra material assistance.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, donations have slowed for both our organization funds and our registries. We are asking that you please consider helping us meet our donation goal so we can ensure we can continue our services for the next few months.
Now more than ever, we need your help.
Join HDI in saving the babies! We believe life matters, and we need you to help us continue our outreach. HDI serves as not only a pro-life publication, but also a resource for women facing crisis pregnancies by providing counseling and material assistance.
Multiple women have reached out to us not knowing where to turn when feeling pressured to have an abortion or when facing a lack of support. Thanks to your partnership we have helped them choose life not only through life-affirming counseling, but also by providing them with the necessities to take care of their babies along with other crucial resources. We have also expanded our outreach further to help families with young children who need temporary assistance which can be met through other forms of material assistance (i.e., diaper and food drives) — proving we care about children even after they are born!
Our services now include:
- Text Helpline - calls by appointment
- Material Assistance Fundraisers - for expecting mothers and families with young children in temporary need within the US
- Post-abortive Healing Counseling for both parents and siblings
- Resource Referrals
It is absolutely amazing to be able to help mothers and families in such a personal way but we could not do what we do without your help. We are simply a group of volunteers working together to help mothers facing crisis pregnancies. We do not receive any grants or government funding and operate solely on the support of our generous donors. We dream of one day expanding our outreach but as for now we are just focused on raising funds for the next few months of operation.
Your donations will help cover the various platforms we use to bring you the best pro-life content and serve our clients including:
- Website hosting and server
- Email server
- Email campaign server (supports our weekly emails to subscribers)
- Design software
- Conference software
- Contract software
- Other organization expenses (shipping costs for our baby bootie and blanket outreach and other items for mothers as needed)
By partnering with us you connect mothers with the resources they need and ensure they have a life-affirming counselor who will be available everyday to provide them with the support they need to feel confident in choosing life. You also allow us to continue to post powerful digital pro-life news and spread the truth about abortion.
The impact is so rewarding. In fact, earlier this year an expecting mother changed her stance on abortion after reading our articles and chose life for her daughter!
Donate and join us in spreading the truth, changing minds, saving lives, and creating a culture of LIFE. You, too, can make a difference!
Give a gift of any amount and help us:
- Educate people on life issues through various digital avenues
- Provide counseling and resources to mothers in need
- Expand our outreach to touch as many lives as possible
- Help families with young children in temporary need
B. Help Expecting Mothers and Families in Need
At Human Defense Initiative, we host registries so mothers and families in need can receive material assistance. Our registries are a wonderful way to actually purchase needed items such as baby items for families, and they allow you to know exactly what your money is going toward.
We offer not only support and counseling to expecting mothers and families with young children facing temporary need (within the U.S.), but we also host material assistance fundraisers (baby registries, food drives, diaper drives) to help them feel that they have the support they need to successfully love and take care of their babies!
In the past year, we have hosted several virtual baby showers and hosted registries through Amazon for expecting mothers facing financial difficulties, including:
- Stephanie S., who was being pressured into an abortion but chose life her son after we counseled her and offered her assistance acquiring baby necessities
- Veronica, a very pro-life mother of multiple children
- Emma, a single expecting mom of twins
- Grace, who was expecting a baby girl
- Joeli, a 19 year old single expecting mother
- Patrina, who chose life after finding our website
- and so many others!
Additionally, we were able to launch a registry for a few different families in need, including:
- A single father of five whose family lost everything and was starting over from scratch
- A single mother who had recently been laid off, who we provided with diapers, wipes, and a special formula WIC refused to cover for her son
- A mother to a family of five who needed help with diapers and food until emergency food stamps were approved due to being laid off
- Five families who needed help with necessities after losing their jobs