Support us and help expecting moms and families in need!
THREE WAYS TO DONATE!
A. Help keep our website online & further our outreach!
Join HDI in saving the babies! We believe life matters, and we need you to help us continue our outreach. As many of you know, HDI has grown so much over the past year. We have transitioned from not only being a pro-life publication, but also saving preborn lives by providing counseling and material assistance to women facing unplanned pregnancies.
Multiple women have reached out to us not knowing where to turn when feeling pressured to have an abortion or when facing a lack of support. Thanks to your partnership we have helped them choose life not only through life-affirming counseling, but also by providing them with the necessities to take care of their babies along with other crucial resources. We have also expanded our outreach further to help families with young children who need temporary assistance which can be met through other forms of material assistance (i.e., diaper and food drives) — proving we care about children even after they are born!
It is absolutely amazing to be able to help mothers and families in such a personal way but we could not do what we do without your help. We are simply a group of volunteers working together to help mothers facing crisis pregnancies. We do not receive any grants or government funding and operate solely on the support of our generous donors. We dream of one day expanding our outreach but as for now our goal is to secure the funds we need to cover operational expenses for 2020.
Our annual goal of $2,000 will cover the cost of our:
- Website hosting and server
- Email server
- Email campaign server
- Design software
- Conference software
- Contract software
- Other organization expenses (shipping costs, baby bootie materials for our outreach program, business cards, promotional items etc.)
By partnering with us you connect mothers with the resources they need and ensure they have a life-affirming counselor who will be available everyday to provide them with the support they need to feel confident in choosing life. You also allow us to continue to post powerful digital pro-life news and spread the truth about abortion.
The impact is so rewarding. In fact, earlier this year an expecting mother changed her stance on abortion after reading our articles and chose life for her daughter!
Donate and join us in spreading the truth, changing minds, saving lives, and creating a culture of LIFE. You, too, can make a difference!
Give a gift of any amount and help us:
- Educate people on life issues through various digital avenues
- Provide counseling and resources to mothers in need
- Expand our outreach to touch as many lives as possible
- Help families with young children in temporary need
B. Help Expecting Mothers and Families in Need
At Human Defense Initiative, we host registries so mothers and families in need can receive material assistance. Our registries are a wonderful way to actually purchase needed items such as baby items for families, and they allow you to know exactly what your money is going toward.
We offer not only support and counseling to expecting mothers and families with young children facing temporary need (within the U.S.), but we also host material assistance fundraisers (baby registries, food drives, diaper drives) to help them feel that they have the support they need to successfully love and take care of their babies!
In the past year, we have hosted several virtual baby showers and hosted registries through Amazon for expecting mothers facing financial difficulties, including:
- Stephanie S., who was being pressured into an abortion but chose life her son after we counseled her and offered her assistance acquiring baby necessities
- Veronica, a very pro-life mother of multiple children
- Emma, a single expecting mom of twins
- Grace, who was expecting a baby girl
- Joeli, a 19 year old single expecting mother
- Patrina, who chose life after finding our website
- Isis, an expecting teen mother
Additionally, we were able to launch a registry for a few different families in need, including:
- A single father of five whose family lost everything and was starting over from scratch
- A single mother who had recently been laid off, who we provided with diapers, wipes, and a special formula WIC refused to cover for her son
- A mother to a family of five who needed help with diapers and food until emergency food stamps were approved due to being laid off
- Five families who needed help with necessities after losing their jobs
C. Baby Bootie Outreach Registry
Another project of ours includes gifting each mother we help with a pair of hand-knitted baby booties that our wonderful Creative Outreach Director, Kitty Porterfield, knits with love. The mothers absolutely love them, and the booties are the perfect keepsake for years to come as a memory of the help they received thanks to our wonderful donors. To keep our costs low, we have a registry now open where if you feel so called, you can donate yarn and buttons to assist with the creation of these booties and the continuation of this wonderful heartfelt project. To donate, simply click to purchase an item off of the list and choose “gift address” at the check out. This will ensure the bootie supplies ship directly to our Creative Outreach Director who will take care of the knitting!